Bartercard has long supported
charities by allowing members to donate Trade Dollars to charitable causes. With the Bartercard Foundation we are able to channel funds from Members and Bartercard in a more consistent and
focused manner. The Bartercard Foundation is designed to support charities
that are struggling to get national prominence yet have a great cause.
Our chosen charity for 2011 - 2013 is the Child Cancer Foundation. The Child Cancer Foundation aims to reduce isolation and the impact of cancer through offering and coordinating support services, programmes and resources that ensure children and families are well cared for, supported and informed at every stage of their cancer journey.
- Three children are diagnosed with cancer in New Zealand each week.
- Eighty percent of children will survive their cancer journey.
- Treatment can last up to three years and even longer in some cases.
- Children in New Zealand, collectively undergo a total of 75,000 treatments and procedures each year. For each of these they receive a Bead of Courage.
- The Child Cancer Foundation receives no funding from the government or from any other cancer charities.
Each year the Child Cancer Foundation supports nearly 1000 families through professional child cancer services. Many families also receive support through their volunteer branch network throughout New Zealand.
The Child Cancer Foundation’s vision is that every child and their family walking the child cancer journey will never feel alone.
The goal is to raise T$200,000 for the Child Cancer Foundation by gaining the support of Bartercard members. We are urging each member to donate T$100, although you are welcome to donate any amount you feel appropriate to this worthy cause. If we had 2,000 members donating just T$100 each we would already be at our goal - assisting the Child Cancer Foundation to continue to help brave children and their families throughout their cancer journey.